Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha
Yes! We will send you SMS alerts on Post-UTME & Admission from your school of choice. Register now!
Prepare and have an insight on what to expect during the post utme exam in your school of choice.
Change your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, any or all your choices within 24hrs. Click here for procedures
The Imo State University on Valentine's Day called-off the strike action called by the staff of the institution, stating that their issue has been attended to.
This was announced by the Governor, Rochas Okorocha at the Freedom Square in Owerri, while addressing a huge crowd of Government workers. The governor urged the staff of the institution to return to work immediately and receive their salaries while the state government works earnestly in ensuring that the school is moved to their permanent site.
On the other brighter note, students of Imo State Origin, studying in any tertiary institution in the state will now be entitled to FREE EDUCATION.
Announcing this by Governor Rochas, the students will be entitled to a scholarship worth N100,000 every year, of which 70,000 will be the bursary for the school fee and 30,000 as loan/grant from the state saying that no collateral would be attached to the loan.
For those at OND level in the state polytechnics, they will get N60,000, broken down into N40,000 free and N20,000 loan. Those at HND level will get N80,000, broken down into N60,000 free and N20,000 loan.
The sum will be paid from the next academic session.
A summary of the conditions for the scholarship in Imo State are as follows;
1) The student’s Father must be from Imo or both parents must be from Imo.
2) He/She must be attending Imo state owned schools
3) He/She must be certified by the traditional ruler of his place, by local liaison officer of his community that he/she is truly from that community in Imo state.
4) For Imo university student of Imo state, each will get 100,000 per school year, out of which 70,000 will be the bursary for the school fee and 30,000 as loan/grant from the state.
5) After graduation and the graduate start working, only once he/she start working, then the graduate can pay the 30,000 grant to Imo state coffers, if he can only remember what help he received.
The governor has strictly warned that any student involved in any form of criminal activities will forfeit the educational assistance offered by the government.
Get the IMSU Post-UTME Past Questions + 1 year of Post-UTME and Admission SMS alerts for IMSU, click here to register your mobile number
If you will like to change your JAMB course or institution TO or FROM IMSU, please click here to request this change within 24hrs
To Get Your Original JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it
for your post-UTME and admission screening in IMSU Click here to request for it